The Tri-Service & Veterans support centre is committed to protecting the privacy of individuals, clients and users of our website and services as we are keen to provide a safe and secure experience. We commit to using the information provided via websites, email, conversations and meetings only for the purposes as outlined in this policy. We aim to satisfy the requirements as outlined by the EU General Data Protection Regulation, as well as other national laws around data protection.
Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement?
The Tri-Service & Veterans support centre may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes and if the changes are significant, we will provide more prominent notice by sending you an email. This policy is effective from 01.06.2019.
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- Contact information including email address
- Demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- Other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
- Specific information on your requirements
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new opportunities, news or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
How do we use your personal information?
- To provide a service to you
- To maintain and grow our relationship
- To match your details to relevant opportunities in the market
- To apply for jobs on your behalf, with your express permission
- To best answer your queries
- To direct market our services
- To inform you have news, industry updates, promotions, competitions
- To fulfil contractual obligations with clients
- To provide you with further information on services from within the wider group
- To release information if required to do so by law or regulation
The Legal Basis for Processing your Personal Information
Under GDPR the main grounds for the processing of personal information clients & individuals are as follows:
- Necessary for performing or entering into a contract – This allows us to provide a service to you so that we may undertake our obligations that may require the processing of your data
- Compliance with Legal Obligation – We may be (from time to time) subject to legal requirements which may require us to process your legal data. As such we may be required to disclose personal information held on you to a law enforcement agency or regulatory body.
- Legitimate Interests – Where we can establish that legitimate interests are not overridden by your personal rights and freedoms, either we or a third party may need to process your personal data for such interests. Our legitimate interests include responding to requests and enquiries from you, or from a third party. This may also include the optimisation of processes and services, websites and communications, including what we communicate and how. We will ensure that any operation is conducted in an appropriate and conscientious manner.
- Consent – On occasion, we may contact you for your express consent to process your data in a particular way.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information – Your Rights
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
- if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to by post or emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so.
Right of Access
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the General Data Protection Regulations. A small fee may be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please email us at email@example.com We reserve the right to refuse any request, or an element of any request should GDPR permit. We will always share our reasons why.
Right of Correction or Completion
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please
write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
Right of ErasureIf you would like your data removed from our records please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible, including your full name and we will promptly delete all data requested.